Hi, my name is Liz Nehdi and I live in London, UK.
I am the Co-founder + Creative Director of Liz Nehdi Studio. I’m a designer and artist with a deep desire to bring more joy and meaning into the world. My designs are a reflection of my classic American upbringing distilled through varied artistic influences and global cultural traditions that fascinate me.
The hardest thing I had to do or overcome in 2014 was…
Starting a fashion business based on my designs was a major leap of faith and it required 100% of my time, passion, and savings.
As a designer, it’s a vulnerable experience to introduce your work to the world, because it’s really an extension of yourself. With fashion, especially for a new label, you are introducing your work over and over to new boutiques, to new buyers, in a terrifying process called sales.
There were — and are — so many things to learn and fears that I had to hurdle over in order to actualize my dream.
What this taught me about myself
- Sales calls won’t in fact kill me. And the more confidence I possess in my creations, the more positive responses I receive
- I need to keep pushing myself to step out of my comfort zone — because doing so is the only way that I can continue to grow as a business owner and as a person
- I’m an even stronger person than I thought I was!
Some accomplishments from 2014 that I’m happy about
Turning my business from a fuzzy idea into a reality, with a real inaugural collection, real website, and real customers!
And also, adding lots of new recipes to my cooking repertoire, including chili con carne, sweet potato burritos, Provencal chicken and fennel braise…I’m getting hungry just thinking about them!
If you are feeling down at this time of year, my tip is…
To surround yourself with your loved ones as much as possible. Exercise, sunshine and wine also help 🙂
My intention for 2015
- To continue building Liz Nehdi Studio in an authentic and conscientious way that reflects my personal values
- To spend more time with the people I love
- To be a more thoughtful and loving wife
- To share what I’ve learned so far with other budding female entrepreneurs
In 2015, I am the Queen of living colorfully—literally and figuratively.
Connect with Liz:
On her official site: http://liznehdi.com
Shop her women’s scarves at http://www.liznehdi.com/shop/scarves
Shop her men’s handkerchiefs at http://www.liznehdi.com/shop/hanks
On Facebook: Liz Nehdi Studio
On Twitter: @liznehdi
On Instagram: @liznehdi
MEET THE REST OF THE 2015 QUEENS HERE!