Gala Darling swung by Sydney this November for Blogcademy and while she was here, she decided to join up with Earth Events and throw a Radical End Of Year Party! If you don’t know Gala, I wont fill you in here. You need to check her out for yourself. This girl is fabulous. She gives it to you straight up, but with a dose of humour and a lot of humility. I met some fabulous people at the event like the gorgeous Morgan Joanel, Mez of Little Soul who I instantly clicked with because she just moved here from NYC where I used to live, and Sacha Marie, a lovely health coach. This is on top of going to the event with my girl and super-brand-strategist and social media maven, Kim Fuller of Freehand Marketing, my new friend Nikki Clark and my fellow Alex Franzen workshop attendee, Zoe Waldon of Seeker Lover Dreamer.
The event itself was radical, yes, but only because of Gala. She kept it real. She had things to say that was actually unique and gave us something to aspire to. One other rad thing that happened in it was when Julie gave a real tip to an audience member rather than a glorified half-answer/pat on the head and told her, in the most loving way, to “get out of her of her own way,” like seriously. Apart from this, I absolutely loved the 20 minutes of workshopping that we did at the end, during which we answered three questions that were monumental for me.
I’d love for you to go through the exercise as well. You up for it? OK, grab a piece of paper and a pen and answer these questions:
1. What do you want to leave behind in 2014? (any self limiting beliefs, thoughts, habits, awkward events)
2. Looking back at 2014, what are you grateful for?
3. What do you want to accomplish in 2015?
I’ve shared my answers to these in the comments below, so join me and add your answers too. This is so powerful, trust me. The moment you put it out into the universe, in the simple act of typing it out and posting it as a wee comment, the Universe gets up in arms to do everything possible to make it come true. Try it. I dare you.
Enjoy the pics below and lots and lots of love,
Me, Nikki, Gala and Kim
Gala graciously autographing someone’s notebook.
Photo booth fun with Kim and Nikki.
Mez, Morgan and me.
Sacha Marie and me.
Zoe, Mez, Kim and me.
A little candid photo action, courtesy of Sacha Marie.
Here are my answers to the exercise:
1. I’d like to leave behind all these things in 2014 – scarcity, inadequacy, preciousness, pride, rigidity as in not being willing to bend and flow.
2. I’m so grateful for accomplishing the following things this year – becoming an Atma Kriya Yoga teacher, moving to Australia (!!!), teaching meditation to some amazing students from all around the world, creating an online course, giving workshops, getting two full time jobs amidst all this and surviving the downtime between the jobs – difficult but worthwhile.
3. Here’s my declaration for 2015 – I will teach Atma Kriya Yoga in every yoga studio in Sydney and I will teach a weekend workshop for it in NYC, Toronto, Montreal, Waterloo, Vancouver and Boston.