Hi, my name is Blair Kay and I live in Toronto.
I pay the bills by working Production at a Promotional Marketing Agency, but my passion is in Creating, Crafting, and Storytelling.
The hardest things I had to do in 2014
…was learning to “get over myself.” Looking back, I had a lot of things on my plate in 2014, and experienced a lot of frustration in the process. In order to move forward, I had to let go of my desire to control and fix things–by staying positive.
The biggest test of patience that I had to go through was breaking my leg in two places, then being geographically separated from my partner, and moving back into my parents house whilst I was couch-ridden and unemployed. All this in the dead of a ridiculous Canadian winter.
What I learnt from all this
From all this, what I learnt about myself was that I am a bit of a control freak! But with guidance, love and support from my partner, family and friends, coupled with a little bit of meditation and thoughtfulness, I can let go more easily.
I also learned that I do not like being cooped up inside, unemployed on a couch. Too much TV, too much Internet time.
Some accomplishments from 2014 that I’m proud of and happy about…
- I reconnected with my grandmother.
- I got a full-time job and can now fund the art projects I so desperately want to do!
- I completed my first large format painting.
- I became more athletic, and tried a new diet (Paleo!)
- I learned more about and was inspired by my father’s business (he’s a Solution Focus consultant and coach – he helps individuals and businesses to solve their big issues by replacing ‘problem’ talk with constructive, positive thinking).
If you are feeling down at this time of year, my tip is
…to connect with people. Call or Skype a friend you’ve lost touch with, and see what they’re up to. January’s usually a pretty slow social month, so re-connect with someone far away!
Also, I recommend you re-think goal setting. Answer this question for yourself: “By January 2016, what accomplishments will I be celebrating?”
My intentions for 2015 are:
- To continue to work on being the honest, level-headed person I want to be.
- To start another 365 project (daily self-portraits for a full year!)
- To continue planning awesome parties with cute decorations and yummy snacks. (AND PINTEREST-ING ALL OF IT)
In 2015, I am the Queen of consciousness.
Connect with Blair:
Blair’s Official Website: http://www.blairkay.ca
Follow Blair’s 365 days photo project on Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/people/blairkay
MEET THE REST OF THE 2015 QUEENS HERE!